AMERICAN MEDIA INVESTMENTS, INC also known as AMI Radio Group
OFFICIAL GENERAL CONTEST RULES AS FOLLOWS…
1. Participants must be 18 years of age or older at the time of the contest episode in which they participate. (unless otherwise specified)
2. Listeners may only win once (1) every thirty (30) days.
3. Only one (1) winner per household will be awarded a prize in any thirty (30) day span.
4. Prize(s) will be awarded upon confirmation of Winner’s eligibility.
5. Winner may be requested to present his/her state-issued photo ID, in person, and may be asked to provide his/her Social Security number and name assigned on Social Security card for tax purposes. Any person wining over $600 in prizes during any one year period will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year, and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS. Any additional costs relating to the prizes, and incurred as a result of accepting the prizes, is the sole responsibility of the winner.
6. Any prize not claimed within twenty (30) business days of the date of winning, will be forfeited and become property of American Media Investments, Inc. and may be given away during the same or another contest, or to another contestant.
7. All prizes are subject to the expiration dates and general limitations set by the sponsor providing the prize. American Media Investments, Inc is not responsible for such limitations. Prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable. No substitution or cash equivalent will be made. We reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the awarded prize is unavailable for any reason. If tickets to a performance are awarded as a prize, AMI is not responsible for any cancellation or rescheduling of the performance for any reason and has no obligation to reimburse, refund or otherwise substitute the tickets for another prize should the performance not be rescheduled or vouchers no issues. Furthermore, AMI is not responsible for cancellations or delays in travel accommodations and has no obligation to reimburse, refund or otherwise substitute any tickets awarded as a part of a travel prize due to such cancellations or delays.
8. Online winners will be notified by e-mail at the e-mail address provided by the winner. American Media Investments, is not responsible for undeliverable e-mail or email that is not viewed by the Winner.
9. American Media Investments, Inc reserves the right to record all incoming phone calls and play them back on-air.
10. To be confirmed as the winner, contestant may be required to sign a declaration and release form that confirms compliance with the contest rules and acceptance of the decisions of station personnel, which shall be final; confirms acceptance of the prize awarded; releases American Media Investments, Inc and others from any liability in connection with the award of the prize; and consents to the use of his/her name, voice and/or photograph or likeness, without compensation, in any publicity carried out by American Media Investments, Inc Winners acknowledge that if they participate in this contest under a false, fictitious, or fraudulent name and/or Social Security number, they will be automatically disqualified from this contest and any future contests with American Media Investments
11. Employees of American Media Investments, Inc its advertising and promotional agencies, their immediate families, others living in their households and employees of other local radio stations are not eligible to participate or win. Unless approved at the sole discretion of American Media Investments, Inc no transfer or assignment of prize is permitted.
12. By accepting a prize, each winner releases American Media Investments, Inc, and all of their subsidiaries, affiliates, related companies, agents, employees, officers, shareholders, suppliers and retailers and their advertising, contest and production companies and agencies from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense, including without limitation property damage, personal injury and/or death, arising out of playing this contest or the acceptance, ownership or use of prizes.
13. Winners will be responsible for any taxes, restrictions or rules set forth by state or federal law relative to prizes or their use. Contest prizes will be reported to the IRS and state and local governments in accordance with applicable law.
14. American Media Investments, Inc reserves the right to change, discontinue, extend the end date, halt and/or restart the contest at any time.
15. American Media Investments, Inc assumes no responsibility in the event of any malfunction of any equipment whatsoever; including but not limited to telephone and computer equipment owned by contestants, the telephone company or internet service provider; any busy signals, undelivered and/or undeliverable email, or for any effect such malfunction may have on a contestant’s ability to participate in the contest. Please dial and/or address emails carefully.
16. American Media Investments, Inc. assumes no responsibility whatsoever for any telephone charges, whether long distance, local toll or wireless usage, incurred by contestants participating in the contest.
17. Unless prohibited by law, participation constitutes permission for American Media Investments, Inc and contest sponsors, without any further obligation to the contest participant, to use the participant’s name, voice biographical data and likeness for promotional purposes.
18. Contest rules may be inspected at the American Media Investments, Inc, 1162 E. Hwy 126 Pittsburg, KS 66762 OR 2510 West 20th Street, Joplin, MO 64804
ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
These rules apply to all American Media Investments, Inc. sponsored contests unless modified or superseded by rules written for a specific contest, or if inapplicable for such a promotion or contest. In the event any specific contest rule conflicts with any of the general rules provided above, the specific contest rules prevail. American Media Investments, Inc. reserves the right in its sole discretion to supplement or make changes to the rules of any contest at any time without notice. American Media Investments, Inc. reserves the right in its sole discretion to interpret the rules of any contest, and such interpretation shall be binding upon all participants. American Media Investments, Inc. shall not be responsible for any administrative errors involved in the execution of any contest. The decision an American Media Investments program director or general manager are final.
Are you still listening?
Thanks for Listening to 1450 am The Dove! Please register to continue listening. Thank you!